Via Virginia Production Alliance:
Overview of GBA:
Green Buzz Agency is an award-winning video team dedicated to pushing the limits of the production process. We use storytelling techniques that engage and entertain our audiences. Our clients include well-known national brands (Hilton Worldwide, Lockheed Martin, Make-A-Wish Foundation), as well as national media platforms.
In addition to content creation for our clients, we are excited to begin producing original content for direct to consumer distribution.
We’re looking for a multi-talented producer who will play an integral role in maintaining the agency’s upward trajectory. It’s a major bonus if you aren’t afraid to wear multiple hats in this small and growing team.
Producer / Editor will:
• Oversee the production process for many projects, including all videos for one of our largest clients. Our projects involve creating original video content which is typically distributed online. In some cases we deliver content for other platforms like large live events or TV commercials. The style of projects range significantly from documentary, to narrative, to motion graphics and other styles.
• Be in charge of planning, developing and executing the video production process. This includes clear communication with our client, the production team and the post-production team to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
• Handle tasks like hiring crew, building budgets, writing scripts, obtaining legal clearances, drawing up contracts, serving as assistant editor, selecting sound tracks, brainstorming creative concepts, managing freelance talent, researching content, conducting interviews, directing shoots, and other functions of the production process.
• Attend industry networking events.
• Help with office managerial tasks.
• 7+ years of professional video production experience.
• Ability to work out of our office in Old Town Alexandria, VA.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college.
• Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, or another digital editing software.
• A strong understanding of storytelling technique.
• Knowledge of project management principles with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Great communication skills.
• Time provided to sharpen your video production and other skill sets.
• Occasional travel for shoots.
• Food and drink options stocked in the office, accessible to all team members.
• 20+ restaurants within a few blocks of the office and 100+ options in short driving distance.
• A studio in our office.
• The office is a 10 minute walk from Braddock Road Metro (Blue/Yellow Lines) and overlooks the Potomac River.
• Frequent lunches, happy hours, sports and fun activities outside the office.
• An office dog, a Westie named Rio, who will greet you most mornings. Let us know if you are allergic to dogs!
Bonus points if you:
• Have ever taught yourself a new video production skill set outside of the classroom on your own time.
• Are proficient in After Effects, Photoshop, Cinematography, or an area related to software engineering.
• Have demonstrated experience in art direction as a creative director.
Before applying, please:
Do not send a generic email/cover letter/resume. Regardless of qualifications, all generic submissions will be discarded. Also note, we will be hiring multiple positions in the coming months that are related to skills listed in the bonus area. If you possess multiple skills listed in the bonus area but are not a Producer / Editor, feel free to reach out to us.
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com with “Producer/Editor” in the subject line:
• Your demo reel, personal website, vimeo page or anything else that showcases your background in video production. Please also explain how you were involved in projects featured.
• Your resume.
• A cover letter explaining how you would strengthen our team and why you want to work at GBA.
No phone calls necessary. We will be in touch with candidates we feel are a good match to schedule an interview.